Feeler: 2006 Jetta TDI with Transmission Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: 2006 Jetta TDI with Transmission Issue

This is back to my sisters car I posted with transmission issues a few days back. Basically, there was a noise, and then the P R N D S letters on the dash started to flash and the car would not go in to gear anymore. The dealer and VW support out east have not been able to diagnose the issue, so the next step is pulling the transmission. Things are going to get pricey fast, so wondering if there is any interest out there for this car to DIY it back to health.

Car is from BC.
    2006 Jetta TDI - Something close to Silverstone Grey
    Auto Transmission
    Loaded w/ Leather
    Approx. 240,000km
    Almost all the maintenance was done by the VW dealer in Cranbrook BC, and regular maintenance was kept up on.

Lastly, a few years back, the car hit an animal on the road. The body work was done well though and overall the car looks pretty good. It also has a hidden hitch installed. I'm not sure what to even ask at this point, but if there is interest out there let me know.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: Feeler: 2006 Jetta TDI with Transmission Issue

I'm shooting myself in the foot here but how much would she be looking for?

Comment

is the vehicle in calgary? has it ever been plated in alberta?
      2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

quick update:
        looks to be a flywheel issue. Took too long to diagnose. The repair cost should be coming down to something reasonable we hope.
        Oddly, I got the same diagnosis from Tunedub based on an email, and it only took about 5 minutes. Frustrating when one shop claims they never have transmission issues with this car, and another says this is a common problem...

For the moment, if it is just a flywheel replace, it will be fixed.

Car has not been plated in Alberta
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
        X