Kijiji find!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kijiji find!!!

Anyone looking for winter rims...the tyres are summers, but great price!
    http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ325188612
    Hers 2009 Audi A4 6sp manual
    Mine....2005 Golf TDI, VNT 17, Malone tuned stage 4, Spec stage 2 clutch, FMIC, Ventectomy, NewSouth gauges, BuzzKen 2.5 turbo back exhaust, Evolution Skidplate, Helix OEM Reps retrofitted with Morimoto Bixenon mini's, ST coils, colour matched Huffs. Frostheater

Re: Kijiji find!!!

These are BBS rxii wheels...unless they have been refinished (not likely for this price) they will need to be. The clearcoat on the outer lips was really crappy and peels and the aluminum pits like crazy and looks horrible. It happens to every single set of these rims ever produced. I liked them for the winter so I got my old ones powdercoated for $300, only crappy part is the 40 hours needed to hand grind off the clearcoat and paint because paint stripper wasn't extremely effective on them.
    Just a warning for anyone who thinks these rims will be in great shape in person. Then again as winter wheels they may suffice if you don't care too much about looks

Comment

Look sweet.

Comment

Glass bead media blasting would cut that prep time to about 1hr
        Originally posted by MechEngg View Post
        These are BBS rxii wheels...unless they have been refinished (not likely for this price) they will need to be. The clearcoat on the outer lips was really crappy and peels and the aluminum pits like crazy and looks horrible. It happens to every single set of these rims ever produced. I liked them for the winter so I got my old ones powdercoated for $300, only crappy part is the 40 hours needed to hand grind off the clearcoat and paint because paint stripper wasn't extremely effective on them.
        Just a warning for anyone who thinks these rims will be in great shape in person. Then again as winter wheels they may suffice if you don't care too much about looks
        I may appear to be nice, but don't be fooled, I probably don't like you

Comment

Working...
        X