FS: 17x8.5/10.5 DZ Exklusiv's Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 17x8.5/10.5 DZ Exklusiv's Wheels

As the post says, my wheels are up for sale....17x8.5/10.5 DZ Exklusiv's ET35 front ET30 back

The story goes like this. I found these on Vortex from a gentleman in Toronto last spring. I was digging deep in the archives lol, about page 7 or 8 I believe and came across them, only to find out that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE else has them in this size

NOW...for any of you who know the DZ wheels, more specifically the DZ1's which are what these are, only come in a 8 wide for the front and 10 wide for the back..

This guy had called DZ himself and had these made to his specs, only to find out that they were way to wide for his car (also a MK4 gti) and was to lazy to roll his fenders. Sooo...low and behold they were up for sale. I hopped on Westjet the next day, flew all the way to the Toronto Airport at 7 in the morning, got the guy to meet me there, did the deal in the parking lot, stuck the wheels on 2 baggage carts, rolled my way up to the counter, got my ticket and got back on the plane all within an hr and a half.

So..along with the wheels, comes a very interesting story of how they made there way from Germany to Toronto, then to Alberta all within 3 months haha

Im asking $1400. Thats a fair price. They are in good shape, if you really want a show wheel, then I suggest taking them into Alberta Wheel Repair and get them striped and re clearcoated. Some of the clear is starting to peel, but its not bad. Minor minor curbage all thanks to a seat thats to low

Please no lowballers. You will be ignored

and on with pictures

Last edited by mrbeggins; 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM.
    03 GTI/K04-001

Re: FS: 17x8.5/10.5 DZ Exklusiv's Wheels

With tires? What shape?
    Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
    2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

tyres are included, but would highly recommend getting new ones hahah. Not to much left on these ones.

as for the profile that i ran:

Front was 205/45/17
      Rear was 225/45/17
      03 GTI/K04-001

Comment

Good luck with the sale, classic wheels!!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Sweet wheels,these aren't two piece are they?
          James
          mk4 wagon

Comment

that is correct..they are one piece. i have the plastic "fake" bolts out of them right now for powdercoat, but just havent gotten around to it yet. very easy to put back together though. might i add they are dual drilled aswell for 5x112 i believe
            03 GTI/K04-001

Comment

I think I see your car most mornings. Good luck with sale.

Have to ask though, do you have your seat extremely low?
              Last edited by Tuna; 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM.
              Jay

Comment

thanks for the good luck bump

as for your question, im going to assume you mean "why" do i have my seat extremely low?

No particular reason, its the way its sits in the brackets, and the way the seat is designed
                03 GTI/K04-001

Comment

Originally posted by mrbeggins View Post

as for your question, im going to assume you mean "why" do i have my seat extremely low?

No particular reason, its the way its sits in the brackets, and the way the seat is designed
                  it's gangsta like that yo, sittin' low is the way to go..yo.. lol
                  but yeah, those are some nice wheels and they're unique...i haven't seen them around on anyone's car...

free bumpity bump
                  Last edited by longsock; 02-23-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Well....after no hits on anyone wanting these I've decided to keep them. And the fact that no one has these ( legit ones not miro's)

I'll throw up a teaser later on this week after I get them back from Powdercoat.

Thanks for the bumps and interest guys!! Cheers!

Tanner
                    03 GTI/K04-001

Comment

Originally posted by mrbeggins View Post

No, I just thought maybe you were really short or something so didn't want to insult you. But It's just the seat thats low, that's cool.

I see the car all the time, looks good.
                      Last edited by Tuna; 02-26-2011, 09:37 PM.
                      Jay

Comment

Working...
                      X