FS: 5L of Motul Specific 505.01 505.00 502.00 $50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 5L of Motul Specific 505.01 505.00 502.00 $50

A friend bought the wrong oil. I'm taking one, but there's another up for grabs.

5L of Motul Specific 505.01 505.00 502.00 $50

Please PM. Thanks!

Re: FS: 5L of Motul Specific 505.01 505.00 502.00 $50

5w30? 5w40???
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Oops. Sorry about that. It's 5W40 which is highly recommended on tdiclub.com for all MKIV tdi's such as your own. It's also the best price I've been able to find in Calgary for 505.01 oil.

Comment

Originally posted by rojhero View Post
        It's also the best price I've been able to find in Calgary for 505.01 oil.
        Then you have not looked hard enough........

This is a great price though, we retail 505.01 Motul for $70.50. Eurodrivers pay $56 + GST

505.01 is VW/Audi specific and is hands down the best oil you can put in your car!
        Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Whats the difference between this (Motul) and Castrol...?
          Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
          2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
          2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

kinda like:

Straight sex or not straight sex
            or
            watching 300 or eat, prey, love
            or
            getting first place or last
            or
            Sweet Baby Jesus or Andrew's Mom

Comment

LOL. That was awesome popp. haha.

Well, the only published difference is in the spec sheet and it really depends what type of castrol you are comparing it to. Really it boils down to brand preference. As long as the oil is certified for your needs (505.01, 505.00, 502.00), the oil has met the specifications required by VW. The only reason why Castrol is used at dealerships is because they signed an agreement. Motul is a well known brand especially in the racing circuits.

Unless you're willing to go to non-VW certified products, this type of oil (5W40 with VW certification) is recommended highly by tdiclub. I've deemed it acceptable for our PD TDI Jetta and I'm quite strict about oil. I have been doing oil analysis for the past few years and am confident that Motul will produce equal results.
              Last edited by rojhero; 02-11-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I mean I use 5W40 Castrol (ive used Motul twice before). Im your average Joe Bloggs, what would a Motul 5w40 do more to the engine that Castrol does not do? What is the difference between the oils?
                Current: 2002 Zonda CRV
                2004 VW MK4 1.8T GTI
                2001 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec (European)

Comment

I don't think anyone outside of a few select people in the industry could tell you which one would produce better results for your specific application. You'd probably have to know the composition of the oil and wear additives that they put in. Even so, it would probably be based on theory. Testing would have to be done to confirm. Although there are many UOA's (used oil analysis) posted on tdiclub.com, the testing conditions are not standardized and therefore not truely comparable.

I believe your car requires oil with a 502.00 rating. Motul and Castrol have both gone through VW's testing to confirm that their 502.00 oil are suitable for your car. I would say if this oil is cheaper than what you are using now, I'd go for it. If not, stick with the Castrol.

Hope that helps.

Comment

motul is the ONLY oil in the world that is 100% made in the lab and has no minerals from the earth........which is better for your engine.

Mobil1 was actually sued for stating they were 100% synthetic on their bottles........now their bottles say fully synthetic......so do all the others including amway oil,
                    Motul bottles say 100%......

Motul is a little more then the rest, like everything else in the world, you got to pay to play if you want the best. If you truly don't care and want whats cheaper and will get you by, then continue with castrol.
                    Last edited by popp; 02-13-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

i've used Motul and it's ****

Comment

How do you try oil and know its crap? Is your car burning through it, or are you sending off samples for testing after a change?
                        Stefan
                        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Originally posted by popp View Post
                          motul is the ONLY oil in the world that is 100% made in the lab and has no minerals from the earth........which is better for your engine.

Mobil1 was actually sued for stating they were 100% synthetic on their bottles........now their bottles say fully synthetic......so do all the others except for motul which still says 100%......

Motul is a little more then the rest, like everything else in the world, you got to pay to play if you want the best. If you truly don't care and want whats cheaper and will get you by, then continue with castrol.
                          Motul is not the only company that sells group IV oils if that's what you mean by 100% synthetic. Motul also sells non-synthetic oils. I'm don't think it's fair to say Motul 100% synthetic is better in all applications and those that care about their cars shouldn't use Castrol. That's my understanding of your statement and I apologize if I have interpreted that incorrectly.

I hate to keep referencing tdiclub, but most of my oil knowledge comes from that site. A large number of people on TDIClub.com and bobistheoilguy.com believe that Mobil 1 TDT (Group III semi-synthetic) is the best oil based on UOA's for the PD TDI engine. It's mainly because of the camshaft wear issues. I'm not comfortable going to a non-VW approved oil yet so I'm going to try out the Motul. I think next year if the UOA trends continue, I will switch over to Mobil 1 TDT.

Another example is I have a car that requires Castrol TWS10W60 which is a group IV oil specifically designed and made for the line of cars. In this particular case, I would say Castrol is equal or better than any Motul product.

Originally posted by MoreSpeed View Post
                          Respectfully, please explain how you came to this conclusion with a scientific or logical explanation. So far I have never seen a case where Motul products are inferior to any other when the right oil is chosen for that particular application.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreSpeed View Post
                            HA!

Did you use it in cocktail?

Don't forget this is a sale thread. If you can't help with the sale or plan on asking questions to inform you more about wether you might buy the product....... Then don't post.

Rojhero,
                            That's exactly what I meant. I sell Motul so of course its the best!
                            Last edited by popp; 02-13-2011, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Biggest arguement I see against Castrol is that it's hygroscopic (no it's not a typo), but probably most oils are if the engine is never brought up to operating temps.
                              Last edited by Satnam; 02-22-2011, 01:30 PM.
                              put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Working...
                              X