Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: '93 Corrado VR6 - Sask

EDIT: SOLD!

So I've got an itch for an Audi S4 or maybe even a G35, so i'm thinking of selling my Corrado. If there's no interest, oh well. I have no problems keeping it, but I'd kind of like to move on to something else.

It's slow in a straight line, but stupid fast (for what it is) in the twisties. Autocrossing a couple yrs ago - I should have come 2nd overall with it in DSP class for WMCA regionals (for technical reasons I did not). It won Regina's event, and I came only 2nd to Pat (who is infamous for being an amazing driver) overall. It was also regularly the fastest car on street tires at many many events, including Saskatoon's SSIS. You want a fast car? Well, here you go.

1993 VW Corrado VR6
    ~168,000km
    B.C. car all its life until I found it. I brought it back here in the fall of 2003. I'm the 4th owner. It was only driven 1 winter in its life.

OPTIONS
    Air / Tilt / Cruise
    Heated tan leather interior
    Power windows & Locks
    Power & heated mirrors
    Power 4-way sunroof
    MFA Dash
    Headlight washers

ENGINE
    2.8L 12v VR6
    OBD1, w/ distributor
    Engine Code: AAA
    Stock: 178hp / 177lb-ft
    GIAC Chip
    K&N Intake System
    Magnecor KV-85 Spark Plug Wires
    Dyno’d at P+ a while back, and it made exactly the amount of horsepower that it should have.
    I've always run full synthetic oil w/ Mann oil filters.
    Absolutely zero error codes come up with a VAG-COM Scan

SUSPENSION
    H&R Sport Springs
    Bilstein Sport Shocks / Struts
    Neuspeed Upper Front Tie Bar
    Neuspeed Triangulated Rear Tie Bar

BRAKES
    EBC Sport (slotted & dimpled) Rotors Front & Rear
    EBC Greenstuff Brake pads – all 4 corners
    Neuspeed Stainless Steel Brake lines

WHEELS
    17 x 7.5 Borbet Type C Wheels
    Tires: 215 40 17 Kuhmo Ecsta SPT - maybe 5k on them

EXTERIOR
    Area501 Carbon Fiber / Fiberglass hood - Damaged. Some major scratches from rocks getting underneath the tarp during winter storage, and then heat/pressure damage in 2 spots. STUPID of me!!!! It will have to be painted over. I will include the OEM hood though.
    There's 2 spots like this on the hood, and a tiny one on the roof
    And yes, it is super dusty. Took this immediately after uncovering from winter storage.

Badgeless Grille
    Mk3 Euro VR6 Deep Lip Spoiler
    In.Pro. M3 style Red / Crystal tail lights
    Euro front Plate (not shown in any of the pics)
    X-Koted it about 1.5yrs ago, but from storing it over the winter outside incorrectly some scratches have gotten into the paint
    MK3 GLX Glass Moonroof
    Side moldings removed
    Speed Activated Rear Spoiler - Automatically Raises At 77km/h & Lowers At 20km/h

INTERIOR
    It's a late '93, so it's all updated interior, including voltmeter & oil pressure gauges down by the shifter
    Momo Race 350mm Steering Wheel
    Momo Race Carbon Shift Knob

STEREO / ALARM
    You can talk to me about what I have in my car when you see it in person. There is an in-dash CD player, alarm, and some other stuff. I'll show you all the receipts. I've had lots of issues with people breaking in, so pardon me for not divulging this info

NEEDS
    -New paint - That is the biggest issue with this car.
    -Head Gasket - anyone that knows VR6's won't be surprised by this. It barely leaks. I'm not worried about it. Don't change it unless you want to put in some cams or something.
    -Driver seat stitching is coming apart.
    -Both side mirrors are fading because of the heated mirrors

Other than that, this thing is near mint. I promise you that you will NOT find a corrado in this kind of shape. Cruise working? Sunroof working? You find another corrado without those thing working, and kiss a couple thousand$ goodbye. Plus there's no error codes when you scan it. It is an amazing car, and it's practically impossible to find one in anywhere near this kind of condition anywhere in Canada.

This car has been VERY good to me with repairs. It's been treated well, and it's treated me well back.

Everyone loves these cars, and you get looks everywhere you go.

I haven't decided for sure yet, but price will be ballpark $8,000-$10,000cdn. Probably for $10k you're going to get:
    -The stock 5 star 15inch wheels w/ Kumho R Compound Race tires. The R's were used for SSIS 2007 only and are worth $800
    -Brand new never installed Euro VR6 Headlights - These are actual VR6 units and not the G60 ones, worth about $1400
    -Brand new never installed Neuspeed front and rear sway bars worth $500
    If you don't want any of that stuff, I'll probably sell for $8000.

Let's talk. I love this car, but I've pretty much done everything i've ever wanted to do to it and its getting to be time for something new.
    If someone is truly interested in it, I may be able to bring it to Edmonton next weekend (Aug 28th)

Thanks,
    Chris.
    csd87snow AT hotmail DOT com
    Last edited by N'Syncro; 03-25-2015, 09:00 AM.
    Chris

Re: FS: '93 Corrado VR6 - Sask

Bump.

Should mention the R's are Kuhmo V710 205-50 R15's, and that I just recently did the wiper mod so they actually press down against the windshield now.

And the sway bars are 25mm front and 28mm rear
    Last edited by N'Syncro; 09-22-2009, 07:54 PM.
    Chris

Comment

Re: FS: '93 Corrado VR6 - Sask

Bump. Figure I'd gauge any interest. Spring has sprung and I kind of want to keep it even though I don't really have a need for it (I have 3 cars), but I thought I should mention that I will be pulling it out of storage next week, and will be in Edmonton on May 1st weekend if anyone is truely interested.
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X