Best tattoo shop in Calgary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tattoo shop in Calgary?

I'm looking at getting a half or full sleeve done. Anyone know of any reputable tattoo shops in town or have any tattoo shop experiences of tattoos they already have?
    Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
    You dig sucka?!

Re: Best tattoo shop in Calgary?

Originally posted by Volkstech View Post
    I'm looking at getting a half or full sleeve done. Anyone know of any reputable tattoo shops in town or have any tattoo shop experiences of tattoos they already have?

go see jimmy / james our old warranty guy.
    does an awesome job.

Comment

It really depends what you are looking for. Some tattoo artists specialize in different art forms and colors. Your best bet is to figure out what you want and then research who is good at that style of art work (ie scripture, asian inspired, portrait ect ect). Go to a few shops and ask around. Make sure you take a look at their portfolios.

Don't just go to anyone just because someone told you they are good. Make an educated decision. This thing is gonna be on you for the rest of your life.

Good Luck
      Tint sucks

Comment

As mentioned finding an artist who works in the style you are after is something to look for, but also someone who can take your ideas and expand on them. I do know lots of the people at Bushido and Doug Fink and his crew do some quality work and also a safe and clean shop too!!
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I already have a tattoo of a old school VW emblem over my heart, I got that back in Toronto when I was still living there, I was 21. That's over 16 years ago. I paid $40 per hour, the tattoo cost me $60. How much can I expect to pay per flat rate hour? $100? or more?
          Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
          You dig sucka?!

Comment

My personal take is Mike Peace down at Bushido.

Music to permeate your soul …
            Jayson
            MKIV Jetta GLS VR6 -PARTING OUT-

What's Next?

Comment

Do it yourself!
              KR
              Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Don't be gettin one without your bro!
                It's time for an honest pint

Comment

With tattoos, the old saying "good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good" applies more than just about anything!

An artist that is good will demand a higher price but be careful. there are a lot of great "artists" who were never properly trained, and their tattoos when fresh look excellent, but 3 years later look like ass because they never learned how toy properly lay ink so you end up with a ton of blown out lines and vacations in the colour. Definitely research and try and look at some old work of theirs to see if it stands the test of time.

Anyone who is worth their reputation is usually gonna get easliy $150.00 an hour, but if you are getting lots of work that the artist is enthused about doing, a lot of the time you get will get a break. The first question out of your mouth should never be "how much?" when talking to a good artist. Talk to them about what you want and figure out if you think they are the right person for the job and then start talking money. On a piece like a full sleeve it is hard to give a total price because it will depend on how many sittings are involved, how much work you can take in a sitting, etc, etc, etc...

I have about 40 to 50 hours of work myself so I can speak from my own experience, but opinions are like belly buttons... we all have 'em!

Originally posted by Volkstech View Post
                  I already have a tattoo of a old school VW emblem over my heart, I got that back in Toronto when I was still living there, I was 21. That's over 16 years ago. I paid $40 per hour, the tattoo cost me $60. How much can I expect to pay per flat rate hour? $100? or more?
                  sigpic
                  Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire
                  Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
                  Calgary Alberta, T2E6L5
                  888.769.1772 Toll Free
                  403.769.1771 tel
                  403.769.1773 fax
                  bob@urbanexp.ca

Comment

My friend is one of the top artists at Strange World, i'd go check her out. Heather McLean
                    06 Subaru STi
                    Volvo tech

Comment

Working...
                    X